Date of publication: 16 May 2022
- Russian National Corpus Non-Commercial Partnership, located at 2, Gogolevskiy Boulevard, Moscow, 119019, Russian Federation, Primary State Registration No. (OGRN) 1127799008875 (hereinafter — the “RNC”), offers to the internet user (hereinafter — the “User”) to use the Russian National Corpus service available at https://ruscorpora.ru/ (hereinafter — the “Service”).
- By starting to use the Service / its individual functions, the User is deemed to have accepted these terms in full, without any disclaimers and exceptions. If the User disagrees with any of the provisions of the said documents, the User may not use the Service.
- These Terms may be amended by the RNC without any special notice, and the new revision of the Terms will take effect as soon as published in the internet at the address specified in this paragraph except as otherwise provided by the new revision of the Terms. The current revision of the Terms is always available on the page at https://ruscorpora.ru/page/terms/.
- In the event where the User disagrees with any amendments to these Terms made by the RNC as per the procedure set forth in clause 1.3. above, the User shall discontinue the use of the Service.
- The Service offers to the User an opportunity to get access to the Russian National Corpus. The corpus is the database (reference information system) based on an electronic collection of texts in a certain language. The national corpus represents that language at a certain stage (or stages) of its existence in all the variety of genres, styles, territorial and social variants of usage, etc.
- The national corpus is created by linguists (specialists in the so-called corpus linguistics, a fast-developing modern discipline of linguistics) for academic research and language teaching. The national corpus is distinguished by two important features. First, it is characterized by representative or well-balanced collections of texts. This means that the corpus contains, where possible, all types of written and oral texts present in the given language (various genres of fiction, journalistic, training, academic, business, spoken, dialectal, etc.), and that the proportion of text types in the corpus is based on their share in the language at the time of composition. All current functions of the Service as well as any of their development and / or addition of new functions are the subject matter of these Terms.
Use of Service. Individual Functions of Service
- The Service enables the User to have a free access to the data of the Russian National Corpus and other information.
- The data used in the Service are intended solely for non-commercial use. With this, any duplication of information and / or materials and their reproduction, adaptation, distribution or putting in the public domain (publication) in the internet, or any use in the mass media and / or for commercial purposes without prior written permission of the RNC is prohibited except as otherwise expressly provided by these Terms.
- The RNC reserves the right to restrict, at its discretion, the User’s access to the Service (or to individual functions of the Service where technically possible) in the event of a multiple breach of these Terms, or to take other measures toward the User to ensure compliance with laws or the rights and legitimate interests of third parties.
Exclusive Rights to the Content of Service
- All objects that are accessible through the Service, including the elements of design, text, graphics, illustrations, videos, computer software, databases, music, sounds and other objects are subject to the exclusive rights of the RNC and / or other right holders.
- The content and any other elements of the Service can only be used within the scope of functionality offered by the Service. No element of the content of the Service and no other content published in the Service can be used in other way without prior permission of the right holder. The use is understood to include, among others, reproduction, duplication, adaptation, distribution on any medium, representation in frame, etc. except as otherwise expressly provided by the Russian laws or by the terms of the Service use.
- The use, by the User, of the elements of content of the Service and any content for personal non-commercial purposes is only permitted subject to keeping intact all copyright marks, related rights, trademarks, and other copyright notices, and keeping intact the name (or pen name) of the author / name of the right holder, and keeping intact the applicable object except as otherwise expressly provided by the Russian laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- The User will use the Service at his / her own risk. The Service is provided “as is”. The RNC does not assume any responsibility, including for fitness of the Service for the User’s purposes;
- The RNC does not guarantee that the Service will meet the User’s requirements; or that the Service will be provided continuously, promptly, reliably and without errors; or that the results that can be obtained using the Service will be accurate and reliable and can be used for any purposes or as any means (e.g. for establishing and / or confirming any facts); or that the quality of any product, service, information, etc. obtained using the Service will meet the User’s expectations;
- The RNC shall not be liable for any kind of losses suffered as a result of the User’s use of the Service;
- Under any circumstances the RNC’s liability under Article 15 of the Russian Civil Code will be limited to RUB 10,000 (ten thousand Rubles) and will take effect if the RNC’s acts are found to be culpable.
- This Agreement is a contract between the User and the RNC regarding the procedure of use of the Service, and shall supersede any previous agreements between the User and the RNC.
- This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Russian laws. Except as otherwise regulated by this Agreement, the matters shall be regulated in accordance with the Russian laws. All possible disputes arising out of the relations regulated by this Agreement shall be resolved as per the procedure provided by the current Russian laws and in accordance with the rules of the Russian law. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, the term “laws” throughout all text of this Agreement is understood to mean the Russian laws.
- As for the services provided hereunder gratuitously, no consumer rights protection rules as provided by the Russian laws will apply to the relations between the User and the RNC.
- If any one or several provisions of this Agreement are found to be invalid or void, this will not affect the validity or applicability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
- This Agreement has been made in Russian and may, in some cases, be provided to the User in a different language for reading. In the event of a conflict between the Russian version of this Agreement and a version in a different language, the Russian version of this Agreement shall govern.